In addition to benefiting our employees through reduced injuries and lost work, our commitment to safety is a leading indicator for our clients of strong performance throughout the project life cycle.
- Our goal is zero workplace incidents.
- We not only incorporate “best practices” into our safety culture, we create them.
- We rely on experience, continuous training, and adherence to strict standards to ensure the safety of our employees, our partners, and our surrounding communities.
- Each one of our employees shares an obligation to prevent accidents and is expected to conduct business in a way that actively integrates the elements of the URS Health, Safety and Environment Program into applicable aspects of our operations.
- Immersion in our safety culture begins on the first day of employment—from ergonomics to regulatory-compliant training, from case studies to on-site assessments.
- Our commitment to safety has garnered recognition from clients, regulators and professional organizations worldwide including the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and the United Kingdom’s Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).