We design and implement operating plant modifications and maintenance programs that reflect both technical proficiency and cost effectiveness. We are fully experienced in the complex range of fuels and integration of support systems that keep power facilities efficient and clean.
We have installed 40,000 megawatts of flue-gas desulfurization (FGD) systems (19,000 megawatts grassroots units and 21,000 megawatts of retrofit projects)—more than any other contractor. Our evaluation expertise, combined with our experience in dealing with all major suppliers in this industry, allow us to bring flexibility and cost-awareness to clean-air projects.
Our work in fossil fuels has received several awards including:
- Power magazine Top Plant of 2012 for the Clean Air Project at Public Service of New Hampshire’s Merrimack Station in New Hampshire.
- Power magazine Top Plant of 2012 for Tennessee Valley Authority’s John Sevier Combined Cycle Plant in Tennessee.
- Power Engineering magazine’s best coal-fired project of 2011 for the FGD project at Southern Company’s Plant Miller in Alabama.
- Power magazine Top Plant of 2010 for the FGD project at Constellation Energy’s Brandon Shores in Maryland.
- Power magazine Top Plant of 2009 and an Environmental Business Journal Air Pollution Control Merit Award for the FGD project at Tennessee Valley Authority’s Bull Run Fossil Plant in Tennessee.
- Power Engineering magazine’s plant of the year in 2008 for Wisconsin Public Service’s Weston 4 in Wisconsin.
- Power magazine Top Plant of 2008 (Block 1) and 2005 (Block 2) and Power Engineering magazine’s best gas-fired project in 2005 for We Energies’ Port Washington Generating Station in Wisconsin.
- Power magazine Top Plant of 2007 for the Air Quality Control System Upgrade at We Energies’ Pleasant Prairie Power in Wisconsin.
- Excellence in Construction by the Associated Builders and Contractors in 2005 for a petroleum coke plant in Mississippi.